Friday's Find: A Pair of Pretty Platters...

TGITF Friends! Today's fab finds feature an assortment of vintage goodies including a pair of pretty floral platters.  First, this gorgeous Homer Laughlin--love the colors on this one and...

Vintage Homer Laughlin platter

...the delicate roses featured on the Knowles.  It is honestly hard to say which I like best--darn, guess I'll have to keep both. Wink-wink! 


Vintage Knowles platter

There's a story behind this sunny quilt! I saw it at an estate sale and almost bought it.  However, since it did have some holes and stains, the price was more than I wanted to pay.  Evidently I was meant to have it, because the following Monday, it was in my favorite thrift store for half the price--score! I plan to use it as a cutter for crafting.  

Vintage quilt

Another damaged linen, this one was also a bargain and just too pretty to pass.  I've used a similar one in a recreated project, here

Vintage table cloth


How sweet is this pair of handmade angel ornaments? They're made from clothespins! Available!  

Rustic angel ornaments

Remember to share your vintage treasures and repurposed projects at this week's Vintage Charm party!

Until next time, happy hunting!



Party link

Would you like to comment?

  1. I will solve this dilemma for your right now in regard to those plates. I will take the Knowles and you can keep the Homer Laughlin...how about that? :-) Problem solved!! They are both absolutely gorgeous!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many pretty finds! I love that first plate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Knowles platter too. Maybe your should auction it off. Not really, you will enjoy both of them. The quilt is beautiful too. Anxious to see what you do with it.
    Have a great week-end.
    Hugs,
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the platters, quilt, linen and angels. How great that the quilt got to come home with you.

    xo
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great luck to find the quilt marked down! It's so cheerful and I can't wait to see what you do with it! Love the Rose platter; the other one is pretty too but the Knowles is my favorite of the two. I can just picture them both in your charming home!
    Hugs
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  6. say that three times fast....a pair of pretty platters! Love them and I have a bowl very similar to the second one. Those clothespin angels remind me of my Christmas décor in the '80's! I have sold a couple of damaged quilts for crafts....they are in demand!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always find such cute things!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of those platters are beautiful. I collect pink and white dishes. Great finding the quilt in the thrift store. Can't wait to see your quilt projects.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You sure lucked out this week, Cecilia. The quilt was definitely meant to be yours, I'm so happy you were able to get it at half price. Thanks for sharing your goodies at VIParty.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!