Spruce Up Your Nest with Fall Dollar Store Crafts!


Happy Wednesday, Friends! I don't know about you, but for me it always seems that once Labor Day passes, the holidays are suddenly upon us. Whether expecting guests or sprucing up for fall, we all want our homes to feel cozy and festive.  For the next few weeks, I'll be sharing simple fall crafts that began as dollar store finds.  



Upcycled dollar store pumpkins



I chose three different types of pumpkins from Dollar Tree. They actually had quite a variety, but these were best suited to my decor.  I'm partial to white pumpkins to begin with, and these are the perfect size to tuck in a vignette that needs just a little something.  This past Sunday, I shared my fall mantel featuring vintage milk glass and the pretty gold pumpkins. Today I'm sharing two different ways I upcycled the burlap pumpkins. 



upcycled dollar store pumpkins


I hit my craft stash to add some lace and vintage bling to burlap pumpkin #1. First, I wrapped tiny pearls around the stem. The transparent wire was thin enough to tuck under the stem.



upcycled dollar store pumpkins



Next, I cut a small slit in a piece of lace trim, and then slipped it over the stem. 


upcycled dollar store pumpkins


With a little twisting, it fit snugly and I purposely chose not to glue the pearls or lace, so I'll have the option to change embellishments, should I desire in the future.  Last, I pinned on a vintage brooch ~  a touch of bling but not too ornate.



Upcycled dollar store pumpkin



For burlap pumpkin #2 (and #3,) I chose a more natural approach. I tied a small bundle of fragrant thyme with raffia...



upcycled dollar store pumpkins




...then tied it onto the pumpkin's stem. Easy peasy!


upcycled dollar store pumpkins


I really like pairing the white pumpkin with the burlap one. Here's a sneak peek at how I'll be using them in my fall tablescape--coming soon!


upcycled dollar store pumpkins



Pin it!


upcycled dollar store pumpkins

As much as I love adding vintage jewelry bling, I favor the herby pumpkin. Which do you prefer? 

My Thrift Store Addiction signature



Party link

Would you like to comment?

  1. They are both cute but I like the herby one best too! It looks really cute next to the white one. :-)
    Have a good rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your ideas for the pumpkins. I bought several of them at the Dollar Tree the other day but I haven decided how to upcycle them. Some are going to the booth and I'll use the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the one with the herb stem the best too, but the other one is nice also. I'm amazed at what bloggers do with Dollar Tree items. I get an education! Pinned & shared to my FB page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite ... the herby pumpkin! Anxious to see your fall tablescape.
    Audrey Z.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pumpkins- where did you get the acorns?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to get to the Dollar Tree!! So pretty...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all of your crafts, always nice to have affordable items to snazzy up, love the herb, must have smelled good in your house with it.
    When we went to $tree last week they didn't have one blasted little ceramic or any other kind of pumpkin to be had and can't find ones have bought previous years. Ah well, promised hubs not to overdue Fall decorating.
    Really cute ways you decorated your little pumpkins, cuter to have variety. Have wonderful Fall weekend

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't shopped for pumpkins yet at the Dollar Store but I really like your ideas. They are really cute. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!