Friday's Find #189


Thank God it's thrifty Friday! It's time for this week's fabulous features. Today I'm sharing several yard sale bargains, but first, a recent thrift store find I almost forgot to share...

embroidered vintage coverlet


As I was editing photos this week, I realized I'd taken the photos, then hung up this embroidered coverlet to prevent wrinkles, without sharing it--oops! I'm fond of embroidery and it's a beauty. Of course it would be charming on a bed, but I'm pondering a different use for the lovely linen. Here's a closer peek: 


embroidered vintage coverlet


I attended the "yard sale" of a shop that was closing in one of the historic buildings in our small town and found some great bargains. These vintage penny jars originally held candy in the shop, over thirty years ago. They need some cleaning up, but are in otherwise great condition. I got them for $1 a piece and they're valued around $30 each. 


Vintage penny jars


This pretty greenery garland set me back a whole quarter...


spring greenery garland



...and this handwoven basket from the Wallace Oaks Ojai collection was a whopping dime!


handwoven basket


Until next time, happy hunting! 

My Thrift Store Addiction signature



party link

Would you like to comment?

  1. Great finds! I have one of those penny candy jars, DH uses it as his cookie jar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your finds! The basket is my favorite. I think I could have a whole room of baskets ..... something about them I just love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the jars, but that coverlet is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The penny candy jars are a wonderful find and I love the coverlet too. You had a very good week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That coverlet is gorgeous! It would be beautiful anywhere. You certainly got some great stuff at wonderful prices.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what great finds, my friend! The coverlet took my breath away!

    Happy weekend! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Cecilia ... love the coverlet and that garland. You will find many uses for that garland. Anxious to see the full coverlet and how you use it. Great finds and prices.
    Hugs,
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  8. The vintage penny jars a steal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always love seeing your finds!! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those jars are great with their historical significance since the store was closing! That basket is beautiful and can be used for so many things. Great finds! xo Kathleen|Our Hopeful Home

    ReplyDelete
  11. Every week, I read your "finds" post and always think, hey I would've picked that, too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whoa! Bigger spender this week! :) great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great finds! I love those candy jars!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thrifting is the ultimate in shopping! Great finds for literally pennies. Way to go Cecilia!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Whoa, that basket was such an amazing deal! Those penny jars are great too, how awesome that they have a neat story behind them.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!