Friday's Find #197


Thank God it's thrifty Friday--time for this week's fabulous finds! Given my fondness for teacups, this lovely treasure was a blessing and I was surprised someone else hadn't already grabbed it, considering Mother's Day is just a few days away! Since I'm partial to mini bouquets,  I couldn't wait to arrange the dainty cup with fresh garden blooms...


Japanese lusterware teacup


The opalescent Ardco Japanese lusterware is highly collectible. 


Ardco Japanese lusterware teacup


I love that even the saucer is labeled Mother.  Available


Ardco Japanese lusterware teacup and saucer



Next, another vintage flower frog to add to my collection and a chalkboard door hanger that I scored for .25 and have already put to use ;) 


thrift store finds of the week


This latch hook rug wall hanging is in pristine condition. I like the color combination and the retro vibe of the whimsical snowman. Available


Handmade snowman wall hanging


Another Christmas find, this charming Chateau Inc collectible is a limited first edition. Available


First edition collectible Christmas plate


Also a first edition, this numbered St. Louis souvenir plate was made in Denmark, by Hess & Culbertson. Available 


St Louis collectible plate


Finally, this small colorful Tennessee state souvenir plate is 7.5." Available


state souvenir plate Tennessee



My Thrift Store Addiction



Japanese lusterware teacup



Until next time, happy hunting! 
My Thrift Store Addiction signature


party link

Would you like to comment?

  1. That teacup and saucer is stunning! How timely to find it now. Happy Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day! I love love love the tea cup it is perfect

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cecilia, this is a perfect find! It is gorgeous, and I love the way you have styled it with flowers. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mother cup and saucer are so pretty. wow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great finds!! Tea cup and saucer stole my heart!! So pretty!!
    Thanks so much for stopping by!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. You found some wonderful treasures but most of all is the cup/saucer,so pretty. Wasn't aware of the collectibility but will be watching for it at thrift stores we go to. Having "Mother" on both saucer and cup is extra bonus, perfect for Mother's Day. Your thrift store must be one of your happy places if you find treasures like that.
    Hope prices at your local thrift stores are more reasonable and affordable, we live in western CO. I miss so much all the incredible shops we went to in KY or even in western MT.
    Have wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tea cup and saucer is adorable and should go quickly. I am so glad yard sale season is back as many of our thrift shops' prices are so high. Did hit a Salvation Army Tues. where it was half off for seniors--one of the few perks of getting older! Hit another SA today and scored several tops for granddaughters and glasses/candlesticks for an upcycling project. I have mixed feelings when I arrive home with half a load of laundry and a full shelf for the dishwasher!!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!