Friday's Find #216


Thank God it's thrifty Friday, Friends! At oh-dark-thirty this morning I headed out with my friend Carly for a day trip of junkin'. Hopefully, I'll have some exciting treasures from our adventure to share next week! Now for this week's fabulous finds...


thrifted vintage thermos and Thermos V lunch box



First, I scored this vintage Sears thermos at one of my favorite thrift stores. I love the pattern on it and I've got something in mind for both it and... 



thrift store vintage Sears thermos


...the Thermos V brand lunch box. 


vintage Thermos V lunch box


It just needs a little love. Stay tuned--you'll be seeing both the lunch box and the thermos again! 


vintage Thermos V lunch box


Have you ever hunted high and low for a specific item and then just when you'd given up and almost forgotten about it, found it? That's the story on this gaudy gold tissue dispenser! From Kerrville to Canton with Cecilia B. and lots of places in between, I have searched and then lo and behold, it was waiting for me at the Find's warehouse sale for .50! Now, hopefully the intended project will turn out as I imagined.


thrifted tissue box



Last, a colorful bushel basket that will come in handy during the holidays. 


thrift store bushel basket



My Thrift Store Addiction


thrift store vintage Thermos V lunch box and thermos


My Thrift Store Addiction signature



Party link

Would you like to comment?

  1. Love that lunchbox. My dad had one just like it, in brown. I also had one which my sister painted for me - remember those, lunchbox purses, not the store-bought ones, but the ones we painted ourselves? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I love the thermos. I found a lunch box like that one last weekend but it wasn't priced and I already had an armload of stuff. Hoping it is still this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice finds! Love a good old lunchbox and thermos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the old lunchbox ... anxious to see what you do with it.
    Glad you and Carly had a nice day out. Hope you found a lot of treasures.
    Hugs,
    Audrey Z.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see what you do with these finds. I must be the only person who doesn't collect thermoses although I agree that this one has a great design (give me an old dish with pink roses anytime!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finds Cecilia! Like everyone else, I love the thermos! Interested in what you're going to do with the lunchbox! And the tissue box cover!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a cool metal lunch box! And I remember you looking for the tissue dispenser...waiting paid off! Woohoo! Hope you and Carly found some great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that thermos and lunch box. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how fun! Like everyone else, I love the thermos and lunchbox. What neat finds!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait to see what you do with the tissue dispenser. I have my mothers. It has a different pattern in the metal but same thing. Don't remember when they were popular but had to be somewhere between the 50's and 70's?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a thermos girl myself as well! VEry curious as to what you'll be doing with that tissue box!
    xo Kathleen|Our Hopeful Home

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!